Welcome to the Homeschooling Families podcast. Today we are excited to have SarahRuth Owens join us as we discuss some of the hard parts of homeschooling and how parents can often feel discouraged and want to “throw in the towel”.
Homeschooling is a deeply rewarding journey, but it can also be incredibly demanding and filled with stressors. At times, it may seem like you’re on the verge of giving up. But don’t worry, you’re not alone. We’ve all been there.
In this episode, we’ll explore the common stressors that homeschooling families face and, most importantly, we’ll provide you with valuable insights on how to manage these moments when you’re at the breaking point. Our guest speaker for today, SarahRuth Owens, is a homeschooling expert with a wealth of knowledge and practical tips to share.
Meet the Guest:
Public school teacher turned work from home mother of three, SarahRuth and her family hail from the southern Appalachian mountains. She and her husband both traded their 9-5s for smaller gigs on the side, so they could spend their days doing life together. This is the heart of their business – helping families DO LIFE TOGETHER because: TIME TOGETHER > THINGS.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- Transitioning from a teaching career to homeschooling.
- The importance of valuing relationships over strict educational structures.
- Strategies for handling challenging days and balancing self-care while homeschooling.
- Seeking wisdom from Scripture, mentorship, and self-care practices.
- Finding a supportive community and resources during difficult homeschooling periods.