In this episode of the Homeschooling Families podcast, host Leslie Nunnery welcomes Dana Blomberg, a homeschooling veteran of 23 years and mother of three adult children. Dana, associated with Faith Baptist Bible College, shares her passion for discipling children and laying a strong foundation for a lifelong faith journey. The conversation covers the importance of early and intentional discipleship, practical tips for training children in the ways of the Lord, and the transformative power of instilling a Biblical worldview.
Meet the Guest:
Dana Blomberg is a homeschooling veteran of 23 years through which she and her husband trained their 3 children to adulthood. She traveled on a conference production team for mom conferences for 5 years, and loves the atmosphere of encouragement provided at such events. Since her kids are now beyond their high school years, she currently is working as the Admissions Coordinator at Faith Baptist Bible College, located in beautiful Ankeny, Iowa. Dana deeply loves the Lord, her husband Terry (best friend), their family (including 3 grandkids), is enthusiastic about college and women’s ministry, as well as helping to bridge the gap between high school and college.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- Incorporating faith into everyday life, not just during formal family devotions.
- Discipling children through sibling relationships and handling disagreements.
- The role of biblical principles in training children throughout different stages of homeschooling.
- Encouraging a love for personal time in God’s Word and developing a habit of prayer.
- Teaching discernment and wisdom in navigating the challenges of the last days.
- Acknowledging the ongoing journey of parenting through different stages, including young adulthood.
- Find out more about Faith Baptist Bible College HERE
- The families who flock to Teach Them Diligently are serious about their mission– raising their children to know and love God and educating them well to be prepared to serve Him all their days. What they find at Teach Them Diligently is incredible encouragement and help for their journey, great friendships with like-minded, mission-driven families, and resources to make doing their job easy. Teach Them Diligently is THE PLACE for you! Get your ticket today and plan to join us in Pigeon Forge, TN or Branson, MO in May 2024. We can’t wait to see you there!! Find out more HERE.