Welcome to the Homeschooling Families Podcast, where we explore the intersection of home education and family life. In today’s episode, we delve into a vital topic that impacts every household: financial literacy. We’ll be discussing what financial literacy is, the consequences of not teaching money skills to your children, effective strategies to impart these skills, the significance of money scripts, and how family dynamics can shape your children’s money management skills.
Our guest today, Dr. Linda Simpson, brings a wealth of knowledge with over three decades of experience in teaching financial literacy at the university level. She’s here to guide us on the essential journey of empowering your children with the financial skills they need for a secure future.
Meet the Guest:
With three decades of experience in teaching financial literacy at the university level, Dr. Linda Simpson has helped people of all ages and life stages to set goals and create simple financial plans that are sustainable to their lifestyle and spending behaviors. In these challenging times, individuals and families are facing uncertainty in their current financial situations, not to mention their financial future. Dr Simpson is dedicated to helping as many people as possible to overcome these challenges.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What is financial literacy?
- The importance of understanding basic financial concepts and skills.
- Consequences of not teaching money skills to your children.
- How a lack of financial education can affect your children’s future.
- Strategies for teaching children about money.
- Money scripts and their role in a child’s money management skills.
- How our beliefs and attitudes about money influence our financial behavior.
- Impact of family dynamics on children’s money skills.
- How the family environment shapes a child’s understanding of finances.
- Get Dr. Simpson’s book, Mindful and Intentional Money Management: An Unbeatable System to Calm the Chaos for FREE, just pay shipping. A free downloadable Companion Guide is available to allow you to apply what you learn using your personal financial situation. This is a $20+ value! Click HERE to find out more.
- Age-appropriate worksheets or activity guides are provided for parents to work through the curriculum with their child. A Parent Guide is included that offers strategies for parents to role model, use intentional instruction and teachable moments throughout the day, and incorporate conversation starters on a variety of financial literacy topics. These are on sale to you right now for only $19.97. The regular price is $49.99. Click HERE to find out more.
- Not confident in your own money management skills? Learn these skills with my 3-course bundle on sale for only $197. These courses will help you set financial goals, understand your spending behaviors, and assess your current financial situation. There are three additional bonus offers with the bundle that includes over 1000 strategies to slash your spending, a food budgeting course (the biggest flexible expense that can be reduced), and my exclusive interview with Tom Ziglar. The value for this package is over $2,000. Click HERE to find out more.