In this episode of the Homeschooling Families Podcast, Leslie Nunnery is joined by Dr. Kathy Koch to explore the challenges parents and children face in today’s world regarding gender and sexuality. They discuss the importance of building a secure family environment, busting myths, and providing children with a solid foundation based on biblical truths. Dr. Kathy shares valuable insights and practical advice on how to guide your children through these sensitive topics while fostering a loving and secure home.
Meet the Guest:
Dr. Kathy is not only “Pro-Life,” she is “Pro-Abundant Life.”
With a passion for being an influence and for helping build strong and healthy families, Dr. Kathy writes (6 books and counting) and speaks (a lot and often) on a wide range of topics that are both timeless and current. Her humorous and easy-to-learn-from speaking style, foundational wisdom, and practical and relevant details leave her audiences empowered with strategies to navigate the challenges of raising and teaching children. She warmly speaks to young people and their adults with compassion and understanding, never shying away from tough topics in our current culture. Her messages are always beautifully woven with Biblical truth and hope.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- The influence of societal pressures and the need for a secure family environment.
- Empowering children to develop a strong sense of identity and resist the lies of the culture.
- Strategies for parenting and homeschooling to help children navigate these complex issues.
- The significance of modeling selflessness, service, and looking beyond oneself.
- Busting common myths related to gender and sexuality.
- Encouraging open, honest, and age-appropriate conversations with children.
Find out more about Celebrate Kids HERE