In this episode of the Homeschooling Families Podcast, Leslie Nunnery and Ginger, two cherished friends, reunite for an insightful and encouraging conversation. Ginger, a seasoned conference speaker and author, shares her passion for addressing common parenting struggles, particularly related to the challenges of guiding children through tongue-related offenses such as teasing, lying, and whining. Leslie and Ginger delve into the heart of the matter, exploring the impact of teasing on relationships and the biblical perspective on communication. Ginger also unveils her exciting venture into children’s books, aiming to provide fun and creative ways for kids to grasp essential concepts. Get ready for a conversation filled with wisdom, practical tips, and a touch of humor.
Meet The Guest:
Ginger is the bestselling author of Don’t Make Me Count to Three, Wise Words for Moms, and the new Teaching Children to Use Their Words Wisely book series for children. She speaks at parenting conferences and homeschool conventions across the country, and co-hosts the Parenting with Ginger Hubbard podcast. You can check out her parenting resources and find out when she’s speaking in or near your area at GingerHubbard.com.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- Leslie and Ginger reunite for an encouraging conversation on parenting and addressing tongue-related offenses.
- Ginger reflects on the joy of being back at the Teach Them Diligently conference and the impact it has on her.
- Leslie expresses gratitude for the friendship and ministry of Ginger and her husband Ronnie.
- Ginger introduces her new focus on addressing tongue-related issues in children through both parenting books and children’s books.
- The discussion focuses on the harm caused by teasing, exploring biblical perspectives and real-life examples.
- Probing questions are highlighted as a crucial tool for parents to help children evaluate the motives behind teasing.
- Leslie emphasizes the importance of asking questions that prick the conscience rather than making accusations that harden the will.
- Ginger shares practical steps for parents, including reproving the child for teasing and training them to edify others.
- The conversation touches on the significance of finding examples in Scripture to deepen understanding.