And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up (Deut. 6:6-7).
The Teach Them Diligently Convention was born out of a recognized need for more events celebrating the focus of Christian Homeschool Families—that is, to disciple their children to glorify God. The organizers of this Convention are also officers of Worldwide Tentmakers, a mission agency focused on tentmaking as a missions strategy (as in Acts 18), therefore, Missions, discipleship, and parenting are the primary focus of the Teach Them Diligently Convention in addition to the traditional focus on teaching techniques and use of curriculum.
There are two distinctions to this Convention. First any vendors that touch on the Beginning or Creation or have a Bible Curriculum must sign a statement in agreement of two theological principles:
- Scripture teaches a recent origin for man and the whole creation, spanning approximately 4,000 years from creation to Christ, and the days in Genesis do not correspond to geologic ages, but are six  consecutive twenty-four  hour days of creation.
- The Bible is the plenary, verbally inspired Word of God. It is our final authority for faith and practice and is without error.
Second, all of the profits for the Teach Them Diligently Convention will go to missions. It is our hope to help parents infuse their educational programs with a Great Commission focus. Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God (I Cor. 10:31). We desire to focus parents and children on seeking opportunities to spread the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ whether through school, playing sports, or running the family business.
Certainly, families attend Homeschool Conventions to learn, buy new educational products, hear speakers, and attend workshops. Another driving motivation is camaraderie. I know this is true for our family. After spending vast amounts of time with people in churches and larger family outings where there are few homeschoolers around, there is this underlying feeling that your focus and educational priorities don't match those around you. Then at a Convention, a mom or dad or child is suddenly surrounded with several thousand homeschool families. By further specifying that this is a Christian Homeschool Convention in which the vast majority of the families are attending because of their desire to disciple their children, our experience is that camaraderie is much more enhanced.
So, why should your family attend the Teach Them Diligently Convention:
- It is an enjoyable event for the whole family!
- Great Speakers and workshops
- Fellowship with other Christian Homeschool Families and Speakers
- Biblical Emphasis including Missions
- Knowledge, Wisdom, Understanding
- Shopping and Introduction to new educational products
If you are a Christian Homeschool Family, this is the Convention you want to attend. There will be something for everyone.