Is it possible to gauge how our children are growing in their faith? Could there possibly be a “rubric” that we could look to to encourage us as parents and to give us ways to encourage our children in their own walk with God as well? Today, David and Leslie are going to follow up on something that was mentioned in passing in last week’s episode about the Great Commission Beginning At Home, and that’s the idea of a “rubric” for spiritual growth in our children—or a few new biblical benchmarks that we can look at to see how our children are growing.
You’ll find that a lot of our podcasts build on one another like this one builds on last week’s, so if you haven’t subscribed to the Homeschooling Families podcast, won’t you do that now? We have some amazing episodes coming up, and we don’t want you to miss any of them. Subscribe on your favorite platform and then leave us a review if you would. That allows us to reach even more people as it gives the platforms a better idea of how families are impacted by the information we share. Click here to subscribe now.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- We talk about discipleship all the time, but how can we tell if it’s working?
- How your goals impact your choices.
- Is parenting truly just a game of chance?
- The story behind the relationship between Paul and Timothy.
- Some different things we see in scripture that we can be looking for in our children that can serve as a way to gauge their spiritual growth.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Teach Them Diligently, Raising Children of Promise book
- The Great Commission Begins at Home Podcast
- Podcasts with Mark Hancock- Raising Boys, Men and Boys Growing In Their Faith Together, Raising Boys to Be Men
- Podcast with Stephen Ashton- The Lasting Impact of Fathers