A brand new homeschool year is upon us, and now is a great time to start implementing some new discipleship and parenting strategies that will help you make the most of every opportunity you’re given this year.
Learn practical ways and helpful ideas for teaching your children diligently, both from a discipleship and academic perspective as David and Leslie Nunnery explore teamwork in homeschooling.
As the parents of four children, three of whom have already graduated, David and Leslie have seen God work in their lives and their children’s lives through the years as they have sought His face in their parenting, discipleship, and homeschooling endeavors. Today, they’ll share several of the things they have learned with you in hopes that their ideas will prompt a whole bunch of your own!
This episode was previously recorded and pulled from the podcast vault. We trust it will be a great help and encouragement to you .
Podcast Sponsor: Samaritan Ministries
As parents we know how quickly a medical need can arise. That’s where Samaritan Ministries comes in, connecting Christians across the nation who help pay one another’s medical bills. There are no networks. You choose the health care providers that best meet your needs. Medical bills are sent to Samaritan Ministries, and they notify members to pray and send money directly to you to help pay those bills. It’s Biblical, affordable, and you can join today. Click here to learn more.
- Pick up a copy of the Teach Them Diligently Book. Teach Them Diligently: Raising Children of Promise is a solution-focused, easy-to-read guide that is parent-centric and sets out to make the point that Christian discipleship—as commanded in the Great Commission—starts in the home.
- Enroll In Heart School. Heart School is the premier class offered by Teach Them Diligently. In it, Leslie will walk you through how to homeschool for the heart, and you’ll see the countless ways that will benefit your children.
- Join Teach Them Diligently 365 is the world’s largest, perpetually-running online homeschool convention, and it brings all the amazing workshops and a touch of the fellowship and camaraderie of Teach Them Diligently events straight to your home all year long. The more well-equipped you are each and every day, the easier it will be to stay on mission and have more good days than frustrating and discouraging ones.
- Attend a Teach Them Diligently Event to find a refined vision of your own mission as a homeschooling family. You will also get equipped and encouraged to pursue that mission with more passion and confidence. It could make all the difference in the world in your resolve to stay the course.
- Family Devotions and Discipleship Guide.
We are all called to teach our children diligently and help them learn to love the Lord their God with all their hearts, souls, and minds. Many of us just aren’t quite sure where or how to start, though, so we wanted to share this reading plan that our family used when our children were younger to help give some structure to your family devotions times.