Here is a list of resources and links mentioned throughout the book.
- Teach Them Diligently Events: https://teachthemdiligently.net/events—For the last eleven years, Teach Them Diligently has been producing family-focused Christian homeschool events that help families of all ages refine their vision and get the help they need to parent and homeschool more effectively.
- Teach Them Diligently 365: https://teachthemdiligently.net/jointtd365—Our membership and resources community includes on-demand access to audio recordings and video workshops, as well as a vibrant community of homeschool moms. I sincerely believe that this is the best place on the internet for homeschool moms.
- The Heart School Video Course: https://teachthemdiligently.net/heartschool—features over 3 hours of video lessons and a workbook designed to help you work through the concepts included. The Heart School course will help you put into practice many of the principles contained in this book.
- Homeschool Subjects Newsletter: https://homeschoolsubjects.com—Just 15 minutes once a week can make your homeschooling more successful. Get life-giving teaching and homeschool tips, news, and resources delivered to your inbox every Sunday night.
- Homeschool Family Favorites Curriculum Guide: https://teachthemdiligently.net/hffg—As you put together your plan for your children’s education, we can help you find the perfect curriculum to help you achieve your goals. We counted the votes from thousands of homeschooling families like yours and are thrilled to present our fourth annual Homeschool Family Favorites curriculum guide. Check it out to find which curriculums are most loved.
- Teach Them Diligently: Raising Children of Promise: https://teachthemdiligently.net/resources/teach-them-diligently-discipleship-book—Teach Them Diligently: Raising Children of Promise is a solution-focused, easy-to-read guide. It is parent-centric and points out that Christian discipleship starts in the home as commanded in the Great Commission.
- Praying for Your Children Resource: https://teachthemdiligently.net/resources/prayers-for-my-children—This free resource includes a prayer guide of verses and a daily email series to help you pray strategically for your children for 35 days. Use this guide to see how those prayers can direct your decisions and conversations with your children.
- Homeschooling Families by Teach Them Diligently Podcast: https://teachthemdiligently.net/homeschool-families-podcast—Twice weekly episodes focus on all areas of family and academic life for homeschoolers and parents. Each episode is designed to help your family thrive.
- Simple Steps for Back-to-Homeschool Success: https://teachthemdiligently.net/simple-steps-for-back-to-homeschool-successs—This podcast is about a few simple things you can do to ensure the best homeschool year for your family yet! I shared specific things to revolutionize your new year, whether it’s your first back to homeschool or 20th! By ensuring the right mindset and preparing well, your family can thrive this year!
- The Top Five Mistakes Homeschoolers Make: https://teachthemdiligently.net/top-5-mistakes-homeschoolers-make—In this episode, I talked about some of the big mistakes homeschoolers make that rob them of the peace they are longing for and even hurt their relationships sometimes. It’s super easy to fall into these, whether your first year or your 11th year, so today’s episode is essential for those just thinking about homeschooling and homeschooling veterans.
- Catalyst vs Calling Episode: https://teachthemdiligently.net/catalyst-vs-calling—In this episode, which originally aired in July of 2020, David and I discuss the peace and direction that can come to your days when you focus on your calling and not just on the smaller catalysts that God put in your path to get you here. We talked about the calling they believe every Christian parent has and how current circumstances can be great catalysts to bring God’s people to focus on that calling a little bit more. What they talk about in this episode will give you a sound basis for starting to homeschool for the first time or refocusing your heart as a current homeschooler.
About The Family
At the time of this writing, three of our children are in college, and our “baby” is a sophomore in high school. Our boys are finishing their studies this spring, Lord-willing, and are ready to embark on the new opportunities that await them as they launch out on their own. One son is getting married shortly after graduation, and we are incredibly excited to welcome another daughter to the family next summer. We still have a blast together, and conversations seem constant as our young adults are in and out throughout the day.
Looking back, we’re so grateful for how God led our family. He was so faithful to answer our prayers and to give us wisdom as we parented and educated them, and we’re now enjoying the benefits of that as we see our now-grown children fulfilling what we always hoped they would. They love God. They actively love people. And they make a difference in the lives of many they encounter. We are, of all people, most blessed.