*This page may contain affiliate links. For more information please see our disclosure page/privacy statement for more information.
It’s time for high school science and first up is biology. Homeschooling through high school can be a challenge but it’s worth it! There are great curriculum options out there to help carry your load and teach your teens the in-depth material they need to graduate and go on to college.
Are you afraid you are going to fail your teen? Don’t be! Other families have already worked their way through these teen years and do so successfully! (I have graduated one and another due to graduate this year!) Teaching your teen high school level science is possible.
Finding the curriculum you are comfortable with teaching and one your teen will engage with is important. The Top 10 Homeschooling High School Biology curriculum choices gives you a wide variety of options so you can find the one that fits your family.
What our Families Recommended!
We asked our fellow homeschooling Teach Them Diligently families what do you recommend as a High School Biology curriculum choice? We compiled their choices about this and 39 other levels and subjects of curriculum in our FREE Homeschool Family Favorite Guide .
TOP 10 choices for Homeschooling through High School Biology Curriculum
- Exploring Creation with Biology (by Apologia) From the website, “Apologia Educational Ministries offers a full range of homeschool science (and other core subjects) curriculum, from elementary courses through advanced high school materials, founded upon a biblical, creationist viewpoint. Apologia’s direct conversational style textbooks and household labs are perfectly tailored to homeschoolers’ needs!”
- Exploring the World of Biology (by Masterbooks) From the website: “Master Books® is the world’s largest publisher of creation-based material for all ages including apologetics, homeschool resources, reference titles, and quality children’s literature.”
- Biology 101 From the website: The 101 series was created using rich visuals in video presentations to help high school students easily understand the sciences. Easy to use, understandable and visually rich; Teachers, students and their families will enjoy this learning experience.
The series includes: Biology 101, Chemistry 101 and Physics 101.
In talking with other families I find many are concerned about how to do experiments. Fear not there are several ways to help you with that. You can do some dissections online. This is a great option if mom or your teen are squeamish (not judging, my teen would pass out if she had to actually cut into something real).
If you are ready to do a dissection there are kits for you. Everything in one place. Here is a kit commonly used in high school science:
Examples of Biology Experiments
As I looked at each of these wonderful products I found several freebies and lesson plans I could look at. I thought you would appreciate and could use **free biology labs!** from ACE Science!
- DIVE Interactive Education
- LifePac Science (by Alpha Omega)
- Exploring the World of Biology Curriculum Switched-On (by Alpha Omega)
There are so many options that this might be a perfect time to have your teen join you in picking the right curriculum. The Top 10 list allows you to give some independence of choice to your teen without overwhelming them. Teaching Biology to your teen might be daunting but with the right support and curriculum your teen will succeed.
This is just the beginning of many home education curriculum recommendations. Here is our FREE downloadable Homeschool Family Favorite Guide with many other top 10 recommendation by fellow homeschooling families.