According to Holiday Insights website, tomorrow, November 2, 2017, is National Make Your Wife Dinner Day, so we wanted to make sure you dads had plenty of time to prepare and plan!!
Just for fun, we wanted to share some of the Do’s and Don’ts we found for you dads when you make your wife and the family dinner tomorrow evening, but never fear, we also have a hefty dose of motivation and even some helpful recipes to get you on your way.
The official rules of Make Your Wife Dinner Day, according to our in-depth research on the subject (On the single website we could find.). :)
- The Most Important: Women cannot assist in the meal. Even rookie male cooks need to do it all by themselves, to gain a sense of accomplishment.
- No take out or prepared foods are allowed
- No grilling allowed. You have to branch out a bit, guys.
- If you’ve never cooked before, make it simple. If you like to cook, do something challenging.
- Prepare something that your wife will like.
- The meal must include a dessert. (May we suggest easy to make Jello? Add a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry to score a beautiful presentation she’s sure to enjoy!)
- You must clean up all the pots, pans, and mixing bowls used in preparing the meal.
If you are still hesitant about whether or not to participate in this holiday here are some motivations.
- You love your wife, and this would be a great help for them.
- This would be a fun bonding experience with your children.
- You could earn brownie points.
- You could learn some new skills.
Ok, So you have decided to participate and become the best husband ever. But you have no idea what to make. We have your back with these easy ideas and recipes:
- Make Spaghetti. It is an easy, delicious, and quick meal that everyone loves. Dad’s Spaghetti Recipe.
- Make a Soup. There are hundreds of different types of soup to choose from and with soup you can customize and experiment with different flavors. Plus, it’s fall! Fall is a great time of year for soup. List of Easy Soup Recipes.
- Make Fresh Pizza. This is a super fun thing to make with your children– and you can knead and toss the dough pretending to all be professional chiefs. Super Easy Fresh Pizza Recipe
- Make Chicken Pot Pie. Chicken pot pie is easy to make and fun to say. :) Chicken Pot Pie Recipe.
- Or make your wife’s favorite meal.
We hope that both you and your family enjoy this fun day. We’d love to hear all about it! Leave us a comment here or share a picture on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #TTDDadsMakeDinner. One family using the hashtag will be selected to win a family registration to your choice of Teach Them Diligently event!!