Did you know that in 2015 over $35 million in scholarship money was awarded to high school students by private organizations? That’s a lot of free money for college! We at Ohio Christian University have put together eight tips to help you get some of that money for your education.
- Start searching for scholarships ASAP. Don’t wait until spring of your senior year in high school to start searching, or you’ll miss half the deadlines.
- Take your ACT and/or SAT test. Since many scholarships are merit-based, that means your score will impact the amount of scholarships you are eligible to receive. So study hard and do well!
- Enter as much information as you can when filling out applications online! You will have more chances of getting matched for scholarships.
- Use a free scholarship engine. There are so many available.
- Look for local scholarships on bulletin boards in your hometown. These can be in local businesses, schools and libraries.
- Apply to any and every scholarship for which you are eligible. The more you apply for, the more chances you have of winning. Even though a scholarship may only be for a few hundred dollars, the amount will add up.
- Keep track of deadlines so you don’t miss them! Try using tools like calendars and scheduling apps.
- Be passionate in your essays and scholarship assignments. Showcase who you are as a student.
Fun Fact: If you choose to attend Ohio Christian University, we will match any money that an incoming student is bringing with them from outside scholarships up to $3,000 per year!
Want more information about how to pay for college, including our recommended scholarship websites? Read the rest of our FREE eBook.
Looking for comprehensive information and guidance to help you direct your child as they transition from homeschool to college? Join our Homeschool Guidance Counselor program today! It’s FREE and includes a FREE year by year guide you can download right away! Get more details by clicking here!
Get full details how you and your family can attend Teach Them Diligently for FREE! Learn about our homeschool to college fair, presented by Ohio Christian University, Truett McConnell University, and Bob Jones University.